Swimming has long been a part of our DNA. Swimming transcends all ages and abilities – there are no barriers to participation. Swimming is unique as it is an essential life-skill, a sport and a recreational pastime.
Swimming Australia is excited to launch iSwim, the app to track your swimming, provide swimming tips, get you motivated and inspire you with our expert programs. It's interactive engaging and you can build your own virtual squad!
The app will launch during Australia Swims and allow swimmers to track their distance for the Lap Australia Challenge.
In the first release swimmers will also be able to:
- track your swim workouts and training plans
- sync with your fitbit or apple smart watch or add swim sessions manually
- see your swimming progress on the dashboard with weekly and monthly views
- view your swimming history
- participate in challenges to stay motivated
- get tips and inspiration from the experts
New functionality coming soon to the app will include the addition of fitness programs that cater to lap swimmers, open water swimmers and those who make swimming part of their healthy lifestyle.
Training programs will be presented in engaging video format from Australian Dolphins through to recreational swimmers and expert coaches. From Emily Seebohm’s pre-race warm up routine; Ellie Cole’s favourite breathing drill to Bondi Lifeguard, Reidy’s open water tips to stay safe - there'll be something for all swimming abilities and interests.
Free to download - available in the app stores from January 2019.